Ava and Landon decorated and "filled" these birdfeeders to send their Grandma in Wyoming, who is having milder weather than usual, but nothing like the springtime we are experiencing here in Tennessee.
I do not have pictures of the process, but hopefully you can tell by these photos what we did. Here are some simple steps to help you out:
- Begin with a piece of cardboard on which you draw the entire birdfeeder.
- Cut out the birdfeeder you just drew.
- Trace the cardboard birdfeeder onto construction paper. Trace it twice (once for the back, where a message can be written or drawn and once for the front pieces).
- Cut out both birdfeeder tracings. Cut one of them into the individual pieces that you want to make up the colored parts of the birdfeeder.
- Color/decorate the front pieces. Create a message on the back piece.
- Glue all the construction paper pieces to the appropriate places on the cardboard.
- Punch a hole at the top of the birdfeeder and run a string/ribbon through it.
- Spread glue (not too thinly!) wherever you want the birdseed to go. Then sprinkle on the birdseed!