Pancakes for Little Hands

This may not be such an amazing idea, but it makes our pancake breakfasts so much easier that I wanted to share what we do. In addition to our normal-sized pancakes, I also make some tiny pancakes for Landon, so he can just pick them up with his fingers and eat away. I sprinkle them with powdered sugar, so there isn't any syrup to make things sticky.

Note on Freezing Pancakes:

I have just recently started making a few extra pancakes and freezing them for later, and it has really been nice on those mornings when everyone wants pancakes but I don't want to bother making them. Here is how I do it...
  • Make the extra pancakes and place them in a single layer in the freezer for 20 minutes.
  • Place pancakes in a large freezer bag with pieces of parchment paper between them (to keep them from sticking together).
  • To reheat, place set of pancakes on a plate in the microwave and heat for 1 minute on 1/2 power (5). Then flip them each over and heat again for 1 minute on 1/2 power (5).
  • Gobble them up!

Comments