Visiting Our Own Zoo

Today, Ava wanted to visit the zoo, but that was not going to happen, so instead we made our own zoo to visit in our living room. I am listing some simple things we did, in case it helps to get your own imagination going...
  • Gather all stuffed animals and place them all around the room (or house), maybe hiding a few.
  • Bring baby doll along for the trip.
  • Grab a piece of paper to be the zoo map.
  • Grab some play money for admission.
  • Have a petting zoo corner.
  • Feed the animals. We used a paper towel roll as a food machine. Ava dropped a play coin down the top of the tube while I held the bottom. Then I told her to put her hand underneath to catch the food, and when I moved my hand, she caught the coin (magically transformed into food, of course).
  • Have fun visiting the zoo!

Comments