Library Book Bag


This idea is one that you have probably already figured out for yourself, but in case you're like me and hadn't yet thought of it, here you are...

Last week, I was trying to figure out how I was going to make a successful, enjoyable trip to the library with my 2.5 year old and 4 month old. While consolidating diaper bag stuff, outerwear, and my own personal items, I began to wonder how I was going to manage "the stuff," carry a baby, enjoy my time with my little girl, and still find a way to carry books all over the library. So, it came to me - the most obvious solution - take a bag with us for toting the books. Better yet, let Ava be the one who carried it.

So, I began searching closets and found this bag which conveniently happens to be clear (for easy viewing inside) and horizontally structured (so Ava could carry it easily without it dragging the ground). Since it didn't have a pocket, I added a carabiner to the handle and attached our library card, so we wouldn't have to go searching for it.

Since we've been home, we have stored the books, videos, and return list in the bag so we won't lose or forget what needs to be returned. Plus, it's easy for Tim or whoever happens to be returning the items to just grab the bag and go.

Comments